Sunday, March 23, 2008

A busy Easter Weekend

After flying back from London on Friday and basically not sleeping for about 22 hours (I can't sleep on planes to save my life) thanks to delays as we connected in Chicago. A word of advice to anyone ever traveling internationally and you have to connect through Chicago, avoid checking your bags at all costs. It took a freaking hour and a half for me to get through customs, pick up my bag and then re-check it. I've done this going through Dallas before and it was a much smoother experience. Anyhow, I managed to get about five hours of sleep in on Friday night before getting up for 8 a.m. t-ball early Saturday morning.

Clancy's Red Sox scored their first win of the season thanks to his buddy Graylan who made 3 unassisted outs at second base in one inning. The key to winning in LCP 5 and 6 year old league is to have at least one inning where you get 3 outs. If you can do this and the other team cannot, you're golden.


After that it was swim team for Chandler, a quick lunch at Texadelphia then back at the ballpark for Chandler's game at 1. Chandler's Red Raiders picked up their first win of the season and are now 1-2. We're quickly realizing how stacked and well-coached Chandler's fall team was. However, the 11-10 win over the Cougars was huge and the team seems to be getting better each game. I will have some video highlights of their first games in another post.

After a futile attempt to nap after the game, it was soon time to eat, play some lego Star Wars with the boy and then dye some Easter eggs.


After a morning Easter egg hunt in the backyard on Sunday, it was time for church. At the last minute we decided to shake things up a bit and go to lunch first and hopefully avoid the C&E enhanced church crowds by going to the 12:30 service. Good thing we still ended up getting there about 30 minutes early because the place filled up quickly. I'll spare you any rants I have on C's and E's because at the end of the day, it's all about spreading the gospel, no matter how many times a year people come to church.

Below is a picture I took on my one morning of downtime in Europe last week when I wasn't in a conference room. It's from the Cathedral de Barcelona, He is risen!

Now it's off to go mow the lawn. Happy Easter everyone.












No comments: