Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sabbatical blog - day 17: Rants and randomness

  • Had a couple of great hikes with the Prairie family the past few days. Wasn't quite the energy burner for my kids that I had hoped for because they were still as hyper and antagonistic toward each other as ever. However, everyone had fun and that's what it's all about.
  • Only thing I think I'm missing about Austin right now is that the Astros' games are not broadcast out here. Why does FSN assume everyone in Colorado wants to watch the Rockies? I mean I know Austin is the exception because everyone there DOES want to watch the 'stros. Who wouldn't?
  • I'm not buying into the Astros as a possible NL Central champ or playoff team. Still feels like smoke and mirrors to me or a by-product of playing in a division full of under-achieving teams (see Chicago Cubs.) I'm still advocating for building for the future and trading for tier one prospects if anyone is willing to deal with the Astros.
  • I am skeptical and I'm not a believer yet in this team, even after their sweep of the Cards this week. Now, that being said, it doesn't mean I'm not rooting for them or would be disappointed if they made the post-season, but the foundation for the future they currently have in place does not make me feel good about the next few years
  • Saw "Bruno" yesterday afternoon. It sucked. It sucked really bad. Felt like Cohen was trying too hard to be over the top. "Borat" was over the top too, but it felt more natural.
  • Finished "Salem's Lot" this past weekend and have now moved on to "The Stand". "Salem's Lot" was entertaining but predictable. Somewhat anti-climatic and didn't create much suspense.
  • Below are some recent pics from here in Breck
If there's a fallen tree anywhere in Breckenridge, you can bet that these three troublemakers will find it

You don't even know how money I am

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Phil, sounds like sabbatical is treating you and the family well. I'm on week 2, just got back from Northern Idaho and Glacier National Park in Montana. Life is good... Hi to Trish and all the best. dk