Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sabbatical blog - day nine; elevation exhaustion kicking in

Lots going on today again. We drove up to Blue Lake on what was probably the bumpiest road our mini-van has ever been on. We did a little bit of hiking up there. We were up above the tree line so it was very windy and a bit chilly. My kids had a blast climbing on the rocks and seemed to show no fear climbing up a steep slope. I think the dog enjoyed it as well and she did her best to drag me down the mountain.


Around 3pm this afternoon I hit the proverbial wall. I had taken the kids to the pool at the rec center and came home around 4:30. Next thing I know it's 5:45 and Tricia is waking me up for dinner. For the past couple of days I had been feeling good here and not too tired but this afternoon it all hit me. Perhaps I should hit Starbucks at 3 from now on, but then again, I'm on freaking sabbatical, I should have no reservations about taking naps. However, I don't always have the final say on that matter...

I did manage to catch some of the All-star game tonight. I just can't get over how bad the NL is when it comes this annual event. Then again, why should I care if NL has home field advantage for the World Series because when the Astros storm through the second half of the season and roll into the World Series, it's all academic at that point regardless of where they are playing.

No comments: